It’s the 21st of October. October. 50 days ago, Summer officially ended.
Each year, the same burden (which I am about to address) is placed upon me. Unintentionally, of course. No I’m not talking about my school workload, the quickly declining temperatures or my surroundings being pitch-black at only 4pm.
FOUNDATION. That is my problem.
You see, during the Summer, most girls spend their hard-earned (questionable) money on an expensive foundation because they predict that they’re going to obtain glowing complexion. Granted, some do, however, I would like to take it upon myself to address this problem. “If not me, who? If not now,when?”
I admire you. You made your statuesque ivory skin turn into a lightly-toasted marshmallow colour through countless hours of tanning and applying tan preserve to maintain your bronzed (sometimes orange) skin.
THE REAL PROBLEM IS: IT’S AUTUMN MOVING INTO WINTER!
Your precious tan has faded and it’s time to put away the bronze foundation until next year. I’m so sick of walking into a school in the morning and taking a second glance at girls because their faces are a completely different colour to their neck. In extreme cases, I could describe it as black-face. Sometimes I like to think that it’s too dark in the mornings so they have no idea what they’re doing to themselves. I like to think…
You can say this isn’t my problem, and I shouldn’t worry, but, I take pride in my own appearance and I consider other opinions(although that is questionable at times). I would hope people do that same.
It just pains me. Don’t ask me why. I might just have a severe case of second-hand embarrassment which I can’t shake off.
There are two plausible solutions though.
1. Buy a new foundation, for these seasons specifically. However, I am aware that everyone has different financial restrictions.
2. Don’t wear it at all. Especially if you’re going to school, it might be just my opinion, but you’re going there to learn not take Kim-K inspired selfies all day. All girls are beautiful without makeup on, so please, wear naked face, not NAKED 2 by Urban Decay.
Thank you for listening to my plea.
Anyway, I’m doing a playlist of the week.
I could go on with songs for years, but here is a short list.
(idea credit goes to: Georginasmusings)
- Dumb – Jazmine Sullivan
- Lions and tigers and Bears – Jazmine Sullivan.
- Touch Lovin’- Trey Songz ft. Nicki Minaj
- E.P.I.C – Machel Montano
- Venus – Lady Gaga
- Let me know – Tamar Braxton ft. Future
- Drunk Texting- Chris Brown ft. Jhene Aiko
- Don’t be gone too long – Chris Brown ft. Ariana Grande.